Code Complete, Completed

I finished reading Code Complete a couple of weeks ago. It's a very good book for developers. You'd think a book that just seems to cover some basic stuff (like naming variables) would be boring or not very insightful. But it covers each topic so well and makes you see stuff you probably hadn't thought about. I'm already applying things I've learned to the code I write. (Like keeping variable declarations close to the area they're used. )

And it's not just about the small stuff either. It has chapters that cover programming tools, testing, collaboration and even personal character and the effects it has on your code.


Now, the only thing left on my Becoming a Better Developer list is to finish my Simple Shooter game. (I've still got two months before the self imposed deadline.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restoring Color Icons in Gimp 2.10

My Nullable DateTime Picker

PowerBuilder and SQL Server: Tips On Working Together