And the winner is...

My MythTV Journey, Part 2

I decided to research the available Media Center programs. On the Window's side, there is Media Portal which I had already played with. On the Linux side there is MythTV, GeeXboX , Freevo and some others.

I had planned to research each one, but the more I looked into MythTV, the more I liked it. I originally wasn't interested in its TiVo like features. Don’t get me wrong, I have a TiVo and absolutely love it. But I was just trying to view videos on my computer. I figured I could install MythTV and then add the TiVo features later. But the more I thought about it, they more I wanted those features too.

Plus, just glancing around MythTV seemed to have a lot of support in terms of websites and forums.

So, MythTV won without much of a fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restoring Color Icons in Gimp 2.10

My Nullable DateTime Picker

PowerBuilder and SQL Server: Tips On Working Together