My MythTV Journey, Part 11

Ok, I now have the beginnings of a working MythTV system. I can pause live TV and start it back. There are, however, still several things to be worked out:
  • Sound - Something's wrong with the sound output from the system. It sounds attenuated. I don't know if it's my sound cable or a setting in the system.
  • Cables - Some of my cables don't quite reach :-) I need to get some longer ones.
  • Can't change channels - I'm using a DirecTv satellite box so I can't change channels yet. I have to either configure the IR Blaster that came with the PVR150 or aquire a serial blaster cable. I hope to be able to just build the serial blaster cable.
  • Overscan - the picture on the TV is square but my TV isn't. It has sides that are curved out. I believe there is a setting in MythTv to adjust this.
  • Colors - the colors don't seem quite as bright when I run the signal thru the computer. I'll have to see if I can adjust them.
  • Program Guide - I'm using DirecTv which provides it's own guide. I'll have to see what others have done to get a guide that I can use with DirecTv.
  • Internet - The computer isn't hooked to the internet. I've got to figure out how to do that as well. (Would be nice if I had a cable modem or something, but the only thing available out here is dial-up.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restoring Color Icons in Gimp 2.10

My Nullable DateTime Picker

PowerBuilder and SQL Server: Tips On Working Together